Challenges for Property Management Companies
Property management companies responsible for multiple buildings or residential communities are judged on many factors: Filling vacancies, collecting rent and other dues, enforcing policies, property improvements, and more. The more important responsibility, however, is the safety of tenants and residents. Whether managing multi-unit residential complexes, office buildings, or other properties where people live and work, ensuring safety and security can be challenging.
It’s important to carefully assess risk, evaluate overall costs, and consider how to proactively manage security issues across multiple properties that you manage. Selecting the right security solutions can be daunting, particularly if property management companies must address the needs of multiple locations, lack a large IT staff, or cannot have dedicated staff viewing live video 24/7. However, one bad incident - vandalism, theft, or worse, a violent act - can trigger costly maintenance, lawsuits and even cause irreparable damage to the company’s reputation.
Consider High-Risk Areas
- Parking garages: According to the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 11 percent of U.S. property crimes occur in parking garages and lots, as well as seven percent of violent crimes against people
- Common areas: Whether stealing from common areas, or breaking into cars, offices or vacant space, without video surveillance it will be difficult to catch and prosecute perpetrators
- Loitering: In stairwells, fitness centers, and recreation areas, loitering may indicate the potential for crime. Video surveillance and security analytics can help property management companies take preventative action
Work Smarter, Not Harder With Cloud-based Video Surveillance
Cloud-based video surveillance, like the Arcules Solution, help property management companies easily manage video surveillance across locations and proactively respond to potential incidents rather than just react after the fact.
- Centrally monitor all of your properties in all locations from any web or mobile device, anywhere, at any time
- Quickly and easily add new properties and locations, with low per site investment
- Create alarms and notifications to alert on suspicious activity, such as loitering or people in unauthorized or restricted areas
- Remotely schedule software updates and security fixes reducing the cost and burden on your IT staff
- Improve operational efficiencies with security and business analytics
Whether you’re managing multi-unit residential complexes, office buildings, co-working space, or other properties where people live and work, ensuring safety and security can be challenging. With a cloud-based video surveillance solution, you can effectively increase safety and security across all of the properties you manage, without requiring additional staff.
Put video surveillance to work for your property management business by trying out the Arcules Solution.